SOURCE AVAILABLE FINANCE

SOURCE AVAILABLE FINANCE


When making my film I am going to get resources from my sixth form film and media department.
However, if I was unable to get equipment from the sixth form I would need funding to create my film to get
the equipment. A good place to go that do short film funding is the BFI. To get funding with the BFI you are
able to get funding if you have not made a film before, you are a director based in England. All of their projects
need to have a writer, director and producer to be able to get funding. All of the three members need to be over
18. Also you will have to go through a checklist whilst applying to make sure your film fits with the needs of the
BFI. Therefore, if I was to make this film outside of my sixth form I would be able to get all resources needed with
funding from the BFI. However, when funding with the BFI the funding does not come directly from them so I
would have to go through a regional partner company for the funding. An example of a company I could go
through is the ‘independent cinema office’ through their ‘film hub south east’ projects. To apply for this you
will need to have a film under 15 minutes, be based in south east England, be over the age of 18. There is then
an application form you have to fill out and submit for the funding. In this you have to write out a synopsis for you
film and let them know what it’s about, give a personal biography of yourself and the experience you have within
the film industry, and then write a script idea if you have one for your film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGAL AND ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS

RISK ASSESSMENT

PROPS, COSTUME AND MAKEUP LIST